Myozenji Temple Museum
The monk’s residence, bell tower gate, and main hall were constructed in around 1800 following the temple’s establishment in 1748.
The monk’s residence (or “kuri”) provided housing and kitchen facilities for monks living at the temple. The interior currently serves as an exhibition space displaying everyday items from the past. The bell tower gate (or “shoromon”) features a thatched roof, below which hangs the temple bell (or “bonsho”). The original bell was requisitioned for its metal during WWII, and the current bell was cast following the war. The main hall enshrines an image of Buddha.
|Name||Myozenji Temple Museum|
|Address||679, Ogi-machi, Shirakawa Village, Gifu Prefecture.（Google Map）|
|Hours||[Apr thru Nov] 8:30 – 17:00 / [Dec thru Mar] 9:00 – 16:00|
|Admission||Adults: ¥300 / Children: ¥100|
|Additional Information||SHIRAKAWA-Go Free Wi-Fi is available in the area around the museum shop.|