Former Toyama House Museum
Built in around 1827, the 1st floor served as the living space while the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th stories were dedicated to sericulture (silk production). The underfloor area was used for the production of the raw materials, saltpeter, needed to produce gunpowder until 1887. This style of communal extended families living and working under one roof is thought to have developed as a result of the area’s relatively poor arable land. Conservation of cultural property repairs were carried out in 2016.
|Name||Former Toyama House Museum|
|Address||125 Miboro, Shirakawa Village, Gifu Prefecture.|
|Admission||Adults ¥300 / Children ¥150|